Friday, August 26, 2011

Week 4-Comment

Week 4- Reading The Art of Possibility

We must make our activities desirable to others, as desirable as a banana is to a monkey!




I have to say that I absolutely loved this book. At first I was skeptical but the further into the bok I got, the more I enjoyed it!!! This book could be related to all of our lives in one way or another, especially if you are in education.

The authors made a great point about using we instead of I. This is something we all need to learn to do. We are all in it together, good or bad. In order to be successful, collaboration and teamwork is needed.

Enrolling or sparking others is a must. Educators should create a spark in their students. To get anyone to do anything, we must create a desire in them. Make it endearing and intriguing. Our students must be provided with an anticipatory strategy to hook them in. As with any activity, the participants must be reeled in hook line and sinker. They must want to participate.

This is a must read for any educator! I firmly believe that this book will be beneficial for all of those in the world of education from administrators to educators to paraprofessionals.










1 comments:


Cheryl McGovern-BookWorm said...
Cindy: You are so right. We are charged with lighting a spark in those around us, and I also agree that there are many others out there who would benefit from the reading of this book. I was also skeptical when I started, but I must admit that it was an enjoyable read and I would recommend it to others. The "we" is a major part of dealing with people (not just in education, but in everyday life as well)!

No comments:

Post a Comment